Friday, May 15, 2009

From one burger club to another...

Letter to BOTM:

Hi!
I saw an article in the NYT about BOTM and wanted to send you a friendly hello from one NYC burger club to another. I started a monthly burger shindig a couple of years ago as an excuse to see my friends on a regular basis. The Burger Series (http://diningseries.blogspot.com/) started out as an informal gathering of mostly women in their late 20s to mid-30s, but in the last year and a half, our guy friends have gotten into the monthly burger thing too. We even have a token vegetarian! :-) Our approach to the club (show up and invite whomever) and burger rankings (a show of thumbs after every meal) have been fairly egalitarian, but as the size and popularity of the group has grown, I've had to develop rules, limit members and change the way we discuss the burgers. It's been super fun, and I can't wait to try your group's top 10 with my group this summer.
Sincerely,
The Burger Series

No comments:

Post a Comment